Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tiny short geocache trip

I printed out a few cache's the other day and Jake and I went looking for them at a park. Wouldn't you know that I forgot to print out the information for one of them, yet that was the only one we found! LOL. I think our geosense is better than a google printed map or even a gps! It was really cool. There was this big tree that just looked like the perfect place for a cache. As we were circling it Jake cries out "I see it!". Inside the hollow at the base of the tree someone had screwed in an outdoor electric socket - the ones with the door covers. Opening it up there was the log book inside. Cool!
After that we went along with our printed maps and hints but the mosquitoes were terrible! We decided some cache's weren't worth getting all bit up. But at least we found one - and a fun one at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment