Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cracker Barrel Cache

After school I took Jake out for a hunt. The one we were after that day was at Cracker Barrel. The title hinted at being on the front porch. Well wouldn't you know there was this guy and his little boy just hanging around on the front porch! We went inside, bought some drinks and snacks and sat out on the rocking chairs. At various times Jake and I would wander along the porch pretending to just look at the things they had out there, but really scanning for our cache. After 30 minutes he was still there and I told Jake - he must be waiting for his wife to get off work, her shift will probably end at 4. At 4:05 out came a woman and they drove off. Yeah, now the area is ours!

We started poking around all of the items. One place that I kept coming back to was this huge black iron...something. I don't know what it was, some sort of... I can't even explain. Here's a pic! I know, it is a terrible pic. When we went back to take a picture there were people all over there.


Where I found it was insde, down toward the bottom and held by a magnet inside against the front portion. Getting it back was fun too, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment